What are the best anti-inflammatory foods for managing HS symptoms?
A plant-forward diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and anti-inflammatory foods may help reduce HS symptoms. Key foods to include are
- Leafy greens and berries (high in antioxidants)
- Turmeric and other anti-inflammatory spices
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Show Full Answer
What are the best anti-inflammatory foods for managing HS symptoms?
A plant-forward diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and anti-inflammatory foods may help reduce HS symptoms. Key foods to include are:
- Leafy greens and berries (high in antioxidants)
- Turmeric and other anti-inflammatory spices
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- Whole grains
- Beans and legumes Foods to consider avoiding or limiting:
- Dairy products (milk, cheese, yogurt)
- Sugary foods and beverages
- Highly processed foods
- Brewer's yeast (found in beer, vinegar, some breads)
- Nightshade vegetables (tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants, peppers)
Remember that food triggers can vary from person to person. It's important to work with your healthcare provider before making significant dietary changes to ensure you're meeting your nutritional needs while managing HS symptoms.
March 12, 2025
I have been on a strict Ketogenic diet for most of 2024 and now I to this year and I have seen amazing results. Keto is a low carb, high fat and protein diet that (if done cleanly) will greatly reduce use of processed foods, seed oils and sugar. It is like a reset. I would send pics to show acomparison but it does not let me attach more than 1.
March 26, 2025