Hey Roz......I hope it works for you, there are a handful on here that tried it and it works! It is so amazing to get rid of HS.....I should say control it.....I have cheated a few times and get a flare, but jump back on the diet and it's gone in no time! Best of luck, ask any questions that you feel will help. I started by printing off a list with no carbs. I am so routine, my daily intake is....bacon and cheese for breakfast and coffee with whipping cream in a big Yeti cup....I have 2 of them. Lunch is a salad, and supper is salad and meat! Throughout the day I drink water, and evenings I drink club soda and Mio type flavours....Walmart has a good selection, both have no carbs. If you drink alcohol, rum, rye, vodka, whiskey, gin and tequila have no carbs, you can mix with club soda and flavours, or lemon or lime. There are a ton of sweets recipes on line, you just have to add the proper sweeteners and flours! Keto allows you alot of fats, so doesn't seem like a diet, other than stopping eating carbs. Best of luck!!!!! Not sure if this works on everyone, we seem to all react differently, and some are ruled by hormones! Hugs
Keto has put me in complete remission!!
Keto
I am on the keto diet and am in complete remission. Keto is no sugar and no carbs (potatoes, pasta, rices and breads), and most don't know that carbs turn into sugar when your body is processing them, so basically sugar is my trigger! I've had HS over 40 yrs and tried almost everything with temporary, little, or no relief! I have a couple lesions that have leaked for years and they have also dried up. It's a tough diet at first. I was brought up to eat carbs at every meal, but I love it now. I still eat celebration meals, and I eat everything...pie...whipping cream...gravy....etc... and will get a flare or 2, but they are gone in no time! I hope you can try, let me know if you need help! Hugs
Thank you for your reply and info