Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myHSteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myHSteam Member asked a question 💭
Cape Town, ZA

Dear all members.
I have a question, has anyone experienced the boils only popping up onve a while, for me its like i haven't had this much pain since 2023.
Help please

January 9, 2025
 · 
Be the first to react
A myHSteam Member

I've experienced the same thing in this last year. I have never had as many boils at the same time as I have now. My new dermatologist suggested 10% Benzoyl Peroxide bodywash (the bar one I found on Amazon for $7 works better than the liquid wash) and that's helped a lot! I rub that on in the shower over the affected areas and let it sit for a few mins then wash off then sometimes put on some A+D ointment to kinda soothe it from any chaffing. That combo has worked for me really well lately. You many wanna give that a try. I pray you feel better soon!

January 9, 2025
myHSteam

It’s possible for hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) boils to appear sporadically, as the condition can have periods of remission and flare-ups. Flare-ups can be triggered by factors like stress, hormonal changes, or friction in affected areas. If you’re experiencing pain after a long break, consider using warm compresses for Show Full Answer

It’s possible for hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) boils to appear sporadically, as the condition can have periods of remission and flare-ups. Flare-ups can be triggered by factors like stress, hormonal changes, or friction in affected areas. If you’re experiencing pain after a long break, consider using warm compresses for relief or over-the-counter pain relievers like ibuprofen. If the pain persists, consult a healthcare provider.

January 9, 2025

Related Questions

View All
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In