Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myHSteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myHSteam Member asked a question 💭
Cape Town, ZA

I don't know if it's the HS or just my bad luck but I get really bad folliculitus on my legs. Like these little white pimples will grow painfully and then I'll pop them (or they pop on thier own ) and they leave really bad scars sometimes a huge gaping holes on my legs. Is this something anyone else experienced? 🤔 any advice on how to prevent or manage them?

January 22, 2024
 · 
Reactions
myHSteam

Folliculitis can affect many people, and it often occurs in areas with high concentrations of sweat glands and frequent skin-on-skin friction, such as the armpits, inner thighs, or groin. It can also appear on the scalp, beard area, chest, and back. Some cases clear up with treatment, while others can become chronic. Many Show Full Answer

Folliculitis can affect many people, and it often occurs in areas with high concentrations of sweat glands and frequent skin-on-skin friction, such as the armpits, inner thighs, or groin. It can also appear on the scalp, beard area, chest, and back. Some cases clear up with treatment, while others can become chronic. Many people diagnosed with hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) also experience folliculitis, and it can occur in the same areas affected by HS or in other unrelated locations.

July 20, 2024
A myHSteam Member

I do have these too... I'm following for maybe some help as well

January 22, 2024

Related Questions

View All