My husband is in recovery and unable to take narcotic pain medication. This has been an issue when having flair ups because most of the time he wants to just take a pain pill to make it go away, but that is no longer an option. Looking for alternatives methods and also wondering how I can support him when going through this.
Sounds weird, but I have used Hemmoroid cream (PrepH) on outbreaks (not open lesions) and it actually helps a lot.
Managing pain from hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) flare-ups can be challenging, but there are several strategies that may help:
Pain Management Tips
1. Warm Compresses:
- Apply a warm compress to ease pain and inflammation.
- Helps drain any oozing abscesses.
- Use a clean cloth soaked in warm water and apply it Show Full Answer
I thought so too Ms Fatima but it didn't I tried because I was desperate and I was surprised myself I told my dermatologist this and yes she looked at me like I was crazy like I said I put it on a open sore and it wasn't that bad surprised the shit out of me to
My prayers be with you Ms Fatima
Hi Eddie. I would think it would burn on an open wound also. I'm glad you got a little relief. Stay safe and be blessed 😀
I tried putting Vicks on a open boil and to my surprise it actually felt a little better I thought it would burn like crazy but it didn't. Now keep in mind I said a little relief it wasn't drastic but a little is better than nothing