Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myHSteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I have Hidradenitis stage 3 and I get them under my armpits and groin area inner thighs. BEEN Over it. I'm just scared and confused. I need help and I hope I can find it

April 5
 · 
Reactions
A myHSteam Member

Speaking to a dermatologist helped me good luck warrior

April 6
myHSteam

What should you ask your dermatologist about stage 3 hidradenitis suppurativa affecting your armpits and inner thighs?

It's completely understandable to feel scared and overwhelmed, especially with stage 3 HS. Seeing a dermatologist tomorrow is a positive step toward getting the help you need.

Here are important questions Show Full Answer

What should you ask your dermatologist about stage 3 hidradenitis suppurativa affecting your armpits and inner thighs?

It's completely understandable to feel scared and overwhelmed, especially with stage 3 HS. Seeing a dermatologist tomorrow is a positive step toward getting the help you need.

Here are important questions to ask:

About Your Treatment Plan:
* What treatment options are available for stage 3 HS?
* Which treatments would work best for lesions in my armpits and groin area?
* How long before I might see improvement?
* What are the potential side effects of recommended treatments?

About Managing Symptoms:
* How can I manage pain during flare-ups?
* What's the best way to care for draining wounds?
* Are there specific bandaging techniques for underarm lesions?
* How can I reduce the frequency of flare-ups?

About Stress and Triggers:
* Since stress seems to trigger your flares, ask about stress management strategies
* What other triggers should you watch for?

About Daily Life:
* How can you manage symptoms that make walking or sitting difficult?
* Are there clothing choices that might help reduce friction?

Stage 3 HS involves multiple lesions with tunneling and scarring across larger areas, so your dermatologist should create a comprehensive treatment plan tailored to your specific situation. Don't hesitate to be honest about how much this is affecting your life—that information helps them provide better care.

April 5
A myHSteam Member

Try cutting out all nightshade vegetables, especially POTATOES. Don’t eat them! Use Castile soap to wash your body!

April 8

Related Questions

View All
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In