Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myHSteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
April 4, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A myHSteam Member

This is absolutely the wrong answer: Keep an eye on it. Feel it. When it's ready to go, find the soft spot and slightly stick a sterilized pin into the soft spot. It won't hurt, because that's the spot it's about to burst through anyway. THIS IS NOT PROPER MEDICAL ADVICE. I'm just saying I've done this to alleviate the pain because there is no other solution.

April 11, 2024
A myHSteam Member

Hot washcloth held on area

April 9, 2024
A myHSteam Member

I have been where you are, if you can kenalog injections (sometimes mixed with lidocaine helps significantly) and often it will drain a bit because it goes directly into the sore usually I need 1-2 CC's- hurts like hell for a bit but then relief comes and should stay for a few weeks.
I have also used apple cider vinegar with the mother compresses - it can help but not always.
I found relief with cold compress for pain, and a warm epsom salt bath to help drain.

Mine seemed to have gotten infected - I asked my GP for a pain/anti inflammatory medication - he gave me naproxen. Chat with your GP/ Pharmacist to see if something can help with some relief.

I will be having spots like this surgically removed.

In addition, I have begun a preventative treatment and incorporated anti inflammatory vitamins (tumeric, omega-3) into my daily routine.

April 8, 2024
A myHSteam Member

Thank you all for your help!

April 6, 2024
A myHSteam Member

Ice pack and Vaseline

April 6, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A myHSteam Member asked a question 💭
Oneill, NE

A myHSteam Member asked a question 💭