Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myHSteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myHSteam Member asked a question 💭
Oakdale, CA

I'm thinking of starting it this week. I have had terrible breakouts lately. When reading what to cut out I realized it is literally 90-95% of our family diet. We wake up and have eggs with veggies (a lot of mornings I add peppers, asparagus, mushrooms, beans and tomatoes) topped with cheese and sometimes sour cream. For lunch we usually have at least one dairy product or beans and dinner is tons of legumes, nightshade, dairy, grains and meat. Normally all of our dinner meals count as "healthy"… read more

April 12, 2021
 · 
Reactions
A myHSteam Member

My 16 yr old son and I started it about 2 weeks ago for his stage 3 HS. It takes an enormous amount of thought/pre- planning and we are not perfect by any means- single working mom and 16 yr old- just not enough time in the day to be “perfect”. We’ve eliminated most everything per AIP instructions, incl nightshades (tough!), but sugary drinks seem to be his downfall. He is down to about 1/day. Anyway, the results were almost immediate and are incredible. Swelling is gone, lesions appear to be healing and the drainage/ smell have reduced dramatically. Joint/muscle pain, IBS symptoms, headaches, extreme tiredness and depression seem to also be lifting. Not a cure all, but I definitely don’t regret any of the work/research I did to get us on this diet. With that said, it may be helpful to begin by making small tweaks in your diet before going full on with AIP - add more leafy greens, add some salmon and introduce swt potatoes if your family isn’t already accustomed to them. Do a lot of research before starting and prepare some recipes ahead of time. Unboundwellness.com has been a lifesaver for me. Her recipes are tasty and satisfying. Agree with who posted the Hidrawear site as the info there is very helpful as well. The elimination phase of AIP is quite honestly HARD, but in our case it appears to be well worth the effort. Best advice- focus on what you can have, not what you can’t! I wish you well. 😊 reach out if you have more questions.

April 14, 2021
A myHSteam Member

You might find this article helpful https://hidrawear.com/hidradenitis-suppurativa-... it has tips to making HS diet changes easier 💜

April 13, 2021
A myHSteam Member

Thx for all your information I found this info very helpful 😃

September 19, 2021

Related Questions

View All
A myHSteam Member asked a question 💭
Herndon, VA

A myHSteam Member asked a question 💭
Grand Bay, AL

A myHSteam Member asked a question 💭
Jamaica, IA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In